06 April 2009

I AM really bad at blogging

Well hi there. Another pretty long period without blogging. I don't even really have an excuse for it. I'm still out of work, still applying for jobs, only issue is there are not many places that are hiring right now. Dish Network has decided not to override their 6 month return policy and indeed has upped it to 12 months. So now, I can't reapply until I have been gone for a year. I was devastated when I got that email, but I'm starting to spring back. I just don't know what I'm going to do now. You wouldn't ever think it would be so difficult for someone with a college education to be able to find a job, but it is.
The only two positive things that have come out of this are that I have been able to spend a lot more quality time with my nieces, and I have been able to craft more. But I can only craft with what is in my stash since I can't buy anything new. My newest little obsession is those origami puffy stars. I can use old magazine, junk mail, cards, colored printer paper, anything! Yesterday I made 183 of them. I know it sounds like it's a lot, but each one only takes about 30 seconds, if that.
I also was able to make some presents for my friend Michelle, who is expecting any week now. I made her a chocolate strawbaby blanket (it was pink, chocolate brown and cream) with two matching bibs in chocolate & pink. The pattern I used was the Modern Baby Bib and they turned out soooo cute!! They almost look like little purses.
My aunt & I have started a catering business called The Aunts Catering and we have had a couple of jobs so far. It's not a steady source of income yet, so I definitely am still searching for another job. This week I'm planning on applying to Verizon and the Roanoke County & City school systems. Hopefully one of those will work out, but I'm not so sure. I'm kind of losing faith at this point, but I'm trying to just hold my head up. I can't begin to tell you how embarrassing it is to have to tell people that I am unemployed. I know I am not alone in this economy but it feels like it.
Well, that is enough pity party for now. I'll update my projects list & post some pics I took with my camera phone. My digital camera is still in storage 3 hours away, so the pics are going to suck. Sorry about that. But at least you can see how cute these bibs are!! :)



This chocolate brown baby bib has a strawberry button closure & an assymetric cabled neck.



This pretty little pink bib has the same cabled assymetric neck & a pastel pink button closure. Both are knit.


Blessed Be )O( Heather

No comments: