07 April 2009

Holy FO, Batman!

So this is a rare treat. I get to blog several times in one day. My digital camera is still in storage 3 hours away, so these photos will not be stellar, but at least I can show that I haven't been sitting on my ass the whole time I've been out of work :)

This first is a baby bib I made for Michelle Sargent's baby shower. I made everything in cream, chocolate brown & pink and called it my "Chocolate Strawbaby Gift Set". I didn't get a pic of the blanket before I sent it to its new home, but I did get photographic evidence of the bibs :)


This is the same bib in chocolate brown. The picture makes it appear much darker than it truly is. The thing I love about these bibs (aside from them looking like adorable purses) is that they are so modern that they could be heirlooms, passed down from generation to generation until they fall apart from overuse. For that reason, I made these in durable but soft yarn and doubled it up so they would be thick. I am really digging this assymetry too!


This dragon is from Dragon Dreams as well. She designed it for the tsunami that swept the pacific ocean, but her continent silhouette didn't include New Zealand, so I reworked mine to include it. It's barely visible over the dragon's hand, but it's there :) I would have preferred this little guy in green, but then the earth wouldn't have been in such contrast to the body, so I'm pretty ok with how this turned out.


This one is a cute little dragon in a tea cup from Dragon Dreams. The text says "A Spot of Tea." I think if I do this design again, I'll change the color scheme a bit.


This last little project is a garden square from Joannesanderson.com. I liked this little guy a whole lot & it's going to be a present for Brandon's mom. I've lost touch with her over the past couple of months and I need to rectify that. I didn't get to give her a b-day present this year because of the breakup, but I'm going to mat & frame this little bugger & give that to her :) This woman has the greenest thumb I have ever been witness to in my life!


My next couple of projects are going to be adult-themed cross stitches. I love it when these shocking phrases are so lovingly cross stitched. It's especially awesome when they have cutesy little borders and such. So keep the little ones away from the computer & keep an eye out for my next projects :) They'll be originals.

No comments: