30 August 2007

Finished the Ravenclaw bag

So I may have "finished" the bag, but I still need to wash & block the darned thing. And... that's right, line it as well. I am just proud that I managed to finish a fair isle piece. I know it's only two colors & that is not really a feat for the normal avid knitter, however, as my first fair isle project, I'm just glad the yarn didn't get so knotted up that it choked one of my cats.
Speaking of cats, anyone know a good way to keep your little darlings from eating your most delicious, expensive yarns? Really, any yarn? I seem to be struggling with the discipline for this latest "trick". You'd think someone who can teach three cats to walk on leashes & ride in the car w/o getting sick or scared should be able to handle this little task. However, I apparantly am just not up to the challenge. I always wind up clapping my hands at them or smacking their little bottoms (not hard, mind you... They're my babies after all). But these things only keep them away for a matter of minutes. I guess mommy just isn't all that scary.
Oh well, enough for now. Have to go run & get lunch out of the oven. I've really got to learn to rely less on that oven. It's almost 90 degrees outside, we have no ar conditioner & I'm running the bloody oven twice a day. I just can't bring myself to microwave DIY foods. Microwave meals are fine, they're designed to be massacred in the death-box, but some things are just not meant for that.
Ok, really do have to jet now. Blessed be!

No comments: