13 August 2007

And now for randomness...

So this is my first pattern, kind of. It's going to be a crocheted lingerie top, or a bikini cover up, or something like that. It's got some scalloped detailing around the bust area, and the back ties, rather seductively, just under the shoulder blades. The bust was slightly too loose for my, err..., ample assets, so the flower closure did double duty as an ornamental feature and "cincher". This little unfinished top actually does provide quite a bit of support for a yarn only garment. :)





And an upside-down close-up of the flower detailing:



On the non-crafty front: this has been the week that would not die. Seriously. I know I only work 4 days a week, but those days I do work, I am in the stupid building for 11 hours, if not more. This week, the powers-that-be required us to all do a half hour of extra time before or after our shift. I suppose this would not sound so bad to most people. But I was prepared to chew off my own ear (stop the mental images, guys :)) to get off the phones by that point in the week, and I still had three more days to go. And I had started my first pair of socks at the beginning of the week, so I was slightly stressed out about that. Knitting garments with fitted details is something I have never attempted. And as those who know me are painfully aware, I do not deal well with doing something poorly. So what it's my first time...Who cares, I should still be able to do it well.
So more pics will follow. Lately, I have been an FO machine! But please do not get used to that. I get easily distracted. Peace out, peeps! *
*yes, I know, I am deemed un-cool simply by uttering that phrase, but I said it... yep, so there :)

No comments: