30 July 2007

Drumroll, please!!

I have a FO to add to the new blog!!! It's a coffee cup cover-up? A hand protector? A pretty thing that doubles as a coaster? Ok, so I don't know what I want to call mine, but I love it!!!
I knitted it on a set of Lantern Moon size 5 ebony double-point needles, and an unknown yarn from my stash in a pretty grey heather color. The pattern called for switching to straight needles at one point, but I couldn't make that work. Just didn't happen. In fact, when I tried, I had to frog the whole thing and start again. But the finished result was quite good for my first real knitting project that didn't entail making a large swatch and doing some sewing to finish it.

Pictures to follow later :) Now off to take care of my under-the-weather boyfriend.
Blessed be, all!

No comments: